Tree Surgeons In Falkirk
O’Neill Trees & Timber are Tree Surgeons in Falkirk. We are fully insured, trained and environmentally concious. We love trees, we love talking about trees and we want the best for your trees. As Tree Surgeons, you can trust us to do the best for your trees and garden.
Emergency Tree Surgeon
If you require an emergency Tree Surgeon please contact us on 01324 309 789. This diverts through to our mobile phone and we will call you straight back.
What is a Tree Surgeon?
A tree surgeon, also known as an arborist, is a professional who specialises in the care and maintenance of trees. Our work involves assessing the health of trees, diagnosing and treating diseases and infestations, pruning branches for safety or aesthetics, and sometimes removing trees that are dead, dangerous, or unwanted.
We will provide expert assessment of your trees to ensure the correct management strategy is applied to suit both your needs and your trees to keep your trees looking great but also help keep them safe and healthy.
Management and maintenance activities we offer include:
- Tree Survey and Tree Inspection
- Tree Surgery
- Emergency Tree Surgery
- Tree Pruning
- Crown Reduction, Crown Lifting and Crown Thinning
- Tree Felling & Removal
We also offer Hedge Trimming, Hedge Reduction and Hedge Removal to help keep your green spaces in the Falkirk area, including: Bo’Ness, Stirling and Linlithgow. Please contact us for more information and to arrange a site visit.
How to choose a Tree Surgeon?
Choosing the right tree surgeon, is crucial for the health and safety of your trees, as well as for the overall aesthetics and value of your property. Ideally we would like you to chose us but before you do. Here are some tips to help you choose a qualified tree surgeon to ensure you get a tree surgeon who is experienced, insured (Very important!) and has excellent references:
Check Credentials and Qualifications:
- Look for tree surgeons who are certified by reputable organizations such as the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) or the Tree Care Industry Association (TCIA). Certification indicates that the arborist has met certain standards of knowledge and experience.
- Verify that the tree surgeon has the necessary licenses and insurance coverage. They should have liability insurance to protect you and your property in case of any accidents or damages during the tree work.
Ask for References and Reviews:
- Request references from past clients and check online reviews to gauge the quality of the tree surgeon’s work and customer satisfaction.
- Consider asking friends, neighbours, or local gardening clubs for recommendations based on their experiences with tree surgeons in your area.
Evaluate Experience and Expertise:
- Inquire about the tree surgeon’s experience in the field. Ask how long they have been in business and about their specific areas of expertise.
- Consider whether the tree surgeon has experience dealing with the type of trees you have on your property and the particular services you require (e.g., pruning, tree removal, disease diagnosis).
Obtain Multiple Quotes:
- Get quotes from several tree surgeons in the Falkirk area to compare prices and services offered. Be very wary of significantly lower prices, as they may indicate subpar quality or shortcuts in the work. We are always happy to discuss and explain our quote and always suggest that you contact other companies in and around Falkirk.
- Arrange a consultation with the tree surgeon to discuss your needs and expectations. Pay attention to how well they listen to your concerns and whether they provide clear explanations of the proposed work.
- Ensure that the tree surgeon understands any specific requirements or constraints related to your property, such as access issues or landscaping preferences.
Ask About Equipment and Safety Measures:
- Inquire about the equipment and techniques the tree surgeon uses for tree care and maintenance. They should use modern, well-maintained equipment and follow industry best practices for safety. We are fully insured, are members of relevant Tree Surgery & Arboriculture Associations and can provide references.
- Ask about the safety protocols they have in place to protect both their workers and your property during tree work.
Get a Written Contract:
- Once you have selected a tree surgeon, make sure to get a written contract that outlines the scope of work, schedule, costs, and any warranties or guarantees offered. We always provide this with every Tree Surgery quote.
- Review the contract carefully before signing and clarify any terms or conditions that are unclear. If you have any questions about your tree surgery quote, please just ask. We love talking about trees and are more than happy to be asked questions.
By following these guidelines and taking the time to research and select a qualified tree surgeon, you can ensure that your trees receive the care they need from a reliable and knowledgeable professional.
Director of O’Neill Trees & Timber Ltd based in Falkirk, Central Scotland.
Andy, a self-confessed chainsaw environmentalist has a wealth of knowledge, skills and experience in environmentally conscious tree surgery & arboriculture, low impact forestry and tree felling. Andy is also a Board member of the Association of Scottish Hard Wood Sawmillers (ASHS) and is a member of the Arboricultural Association.
All tree surgery work is carried out to the British Standard for Tree Work (BS 3998). Arisings such as woodchip, logs and other tree debris can be removed from site or alternatively we can leave them for you to use at home or within your business.